Over the last 6 month my workouts have focused mainly on strength improvement. I pretty much ate and did whatever nutritionally as well. At the end of December 2014 I had a physical check up. Although most of my blood work was normal there were a few things to keep an eye on. So, 6 weeks ago I decided to challenge myself. At 206lbs and 24% Body Fat, I thought, What would it be like to weigh what I did when I was playing ball in college? 195lbs. So I set at goal to weigh 195lbs and 14% Body Fat by 3/20/15. I used the digital scale that I have at MVP to monitor my weight and a Omron Fat Loss Monitor to monitor my Body Fat %. One of the keys that I wanted to do was to use the same measuring tools throughout this process.
As you can see, I still have work to do, but I met my weight goal and was within 2% of my Body Fat % Goal. Maybe a few more metabolic sessions. Ok, Not!
Just a few days ago I had my blood lipid levels rechecked. All of my scores, including the ones that we were keeping an eye on, went down.
I have always said there is NO SECRET! Just hard work and dedication. I proved this to be correct. I don’t think it’s Rocket Science, however I did have a plan.
- I ate Less. When I did eat, It was Lean, Clean and Green(Other colors too). I tried to keep the portion sizes down.
- I trained more, some days twice. Most weeks, everyday except Sundays. I’d go upper body in the morning and lower body in the afternoon or total body strength in the morning and my kind of cardio(Tiger Tough) in the afternoon.
- I didn’t count calories. I just ate when I was hungry and after my workouts.
- I filled in the gaps nutritionally with Zija and RipStix Supplenents.
I have never been much of a supplement taker. Here and there at the best. I have had countless individuals try at one point or another to get me to try the supplements that they use or sell. “This supplement is the best you’ll ever have”, is usually the line they give. Not interested. Not until I met Jeff Pomeroy, my friend and client. Over a year ago, he shared some products and once again, Not Interested. Until now. One of the major parts of this experience was my Zija experience.
Zija Nutritional Supplements
I’m not going to bore you with the details, if you’re more interested in what I’ve done and want to experience it for youself, give me a call. 971-241-7182. I’m going to share with you exactly what I did on a daily basis. And am still doing. Some of the nutritional specifics, you can read for yourself.
Coffee-If you know me, you know I like it Hot, Leaded and None of that FooFoo stuff in it.
Oatmeal on occasion. Rarely though.
As with all my other meals, I tried to keep the portion size down and Lean, Clean and as Green as possible. On days that I was struggling, I drank some Daily Tea and took an XBurn. This really made the difference to bit over eat.
As a family, we try to sit down each evening and have dinner as a family. I still tried to follow my rules, but I didn’t let that handcuff me into not enjoying the meals that Heather makes.
1-2 times per week in the evening I used the Premium Tea to cleanse. And believe me, it will clean you out in the morning.
As the Wave in the MVP Logo signifies, we are always in pursuit of the “Perfect Something”. In this case, Fat Loss and Weight Loss. As Dan John put it best, “The Goal is to keep the Goal, The Goal”. I’m still in pursuit and I might shoot for that high school playing weight, 185lbs.
- Zija Products work! I love the fact that they are all natural. They have allowed me to fill in the nutritional gaps and given me the extra push I needed in all of my workouts.
- All my blood lipid levels improved.
- I looked forward to every workout. Still do.
- I feel amazing. Training, sometimes, 2 or 3 times a day.
- I sleep better.
- I wake up refreshed
- I’ve lost weight and body fat. Who doesn’t want that. Proof is in the pictures.
- Last week I bench pressed 305lbs.
- I squatted 365lbd. Most since high school and my form is kick ass too.
I could go on, but the proof is in the results. I lost weight, body fat, met my goal and best of all, my blood work got better. Do you want that? I’ll be honest… there is just one way to get the results you want. That is to work your butt off and fill in the gaps. I have a plan that works for me.
If you’re interested in getting your life back and living it to the fullest, give me a call. I’m also hosting, MVP Fit In 15, where I will share all that I have done and more.